Senior Software Project Manager
Job AD | Position ID: 242877
Recruiter Email: [email protected]
Company Address: Markham, ON
Title: Senior Software Project Manager
Our client is a trusted partner globally to scientists and laboratory analysts by providing the robotic tools required to enable basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. They are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping deliver innovative products, diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. They are searching for a Senior Software Project Manager to manage large scale, complex projects in a cross-functional Agile software development environment to create scientific and instrument control software for our instrumentation product lines.
- Manage software project teams using Agile SCRUM practices to develop Windows-based applications using C# and .Net for our instrumentation products
- Manage cross-functional project teams including: software developers, software testers, technical writers, subject matter experts, etc.
- Work with the team to create a project plan (schedule and budget) and monitor progress against the plan. Manage and oversee all project-related technical complexities and risks.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the product development lifecycle process and related tools. Use this understanding to complete project management related accomplishments and to ensure other team members follow the process and complete their deliverables.
- Communicate project status to management and other stakeholders via presentations and project tracking tools.
- Facilitate the resolution of project issues and help remove obstacles that impede progress
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience managing cross-functional software development projects
- Experience/knowledge of Agile software development processes e.g. SCRUM
- Minimum 7 years experience in a Product Development environment developing software using C++, C#, .Net.
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Good team building skills - creating a sense of team driven by common goals, motivation, facilitation, conflict resolution.
- Ability to set & track project budgets, schedules, deliverables, etc.
- Comfortable managing with uncertainty and managing the "white space"
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A Bio/Life Sciences background is highly beneficial
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Project Management (APM), and/or SCRUM Master certification is required
Benefits & Perks
Competitive total compensation package, gym onsite, catered breakfast and lunches, parking.