Java Engineer - Learn Scala
The international leader in health and wellness is looking to hire a talented Java Engineer who is interested in learning Scala. This company is looking to leverage technology and lead the way in the health and wellness industry with a new emphasis on analytics, mobility and digital solutions. The engineering team is aligning itself with this philosophy, and they are seeking an Engineer to build a new product technology platform from the ground up.
Right now the company is in the 2nd phase of a total tech transformation, integrating technology with wearables, etc. to make it more IOT focused. They hired a new CTO at the beginning of 2016, and he’s been completely revamping their platforms, upgrading all their systems in order to be more competitive with the current tech market.
The Java Engineer needs to have strong experience with Microservices, REST APIs, and must have some interest in Scala since the team will be transitioning to a pure Scala based environment. Any exposure to NoSQL databases or Cassandra would be a big plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with Java
- Knowledge of Scala or other functional programming tools
- Exposure to well-known frameworks (Akka, Play, SBT)
- Experience with web services API technologies
- Experience working with NoSQL data storage solutions
- Experience with microservices
- 3 weeks PTO
- Full health, medical and dental
- Fully stocked kitchen