Java Engineer - Contract to Hire
Software company in downtown, NYC is looking to hire a Senior Java Engineer on a contract to hire basis. The company builds energy management solutions, focusing on things like solar energy, green building, and improvements in construction management. They're looking for a Senior Java Engineer to help build out their B2B software, and participate in defining the roadmap for the company.
Successful applications will be highly skill Java Engineers who also have a desire to grow their skill set in new directions with emerging technologies.
- 4 years of Java development experience
- Solid understanding of core Java fundamentals
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Unit Testing frameworks (JUnit, DbUnit, Spok, etc.)
- Experience with mocking patterns/frameworks (Mockito, JMock, EasyMock)
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment
- Extensive experience with RESTful Web Services
- Knowledge of both NoSQL and Relational databases
- Familiarity with AWS or Docker
- Familiarity with Git