A global leader in domain names and internet security is hiring for their Reston office. The company ensures the security, stability and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including the .com and .net domains.
The company's Cloud Infrastructure team is looking to add a fifth team member. You'll write custom software to manage their client's cloud platforms. You'll have the opportunity to install, maintain, and configure production, staging and development tools to support the private cloud environment across multiple datacenters. You'll touch everything in the environment (servers, network gear, operating systems, applications software, and automation tools). Look forward to managing Linux systems, writing custom software using Python, and working to build out cloud platforms (Openstack).
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in leveraging open source tools to maximize productivity and develop software/tools to enhance the functionality of the cloud environment! This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity.
Required Skills & Experience
- Linux system administration experience in a production environment
- Exposure to configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) highly preferred.
- Some development experience, preferably in Python (beyond authoring scripts)
- Basic ability to work with virtual machines and cloud computing with OpenStack
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including IP, TCP and UDP
- Experience with Client/server and distributed software architectures
Benefits & Perks
- Contractor health benefits until conversion (healthcare, 401k, PTO, transportation stipend, etc.)
- 401k + 5% match
- Competitive Healthcare, Vision and Dental plan
- Other perks: Lunch (and Starbucks!) is subsidized, 24/7 access to state of the art fitness facilities, metro accessible