Java/Scala Engineer - Contract to Hire
A NYC-based non-profit is seeking a Java/Scala Engineer to join their growing team. The company builds software for state government run organizations. These programs help some of the most in-need populations and often are very behind the times in technology. The software helps ensure these populations are seamlessly served and aided to the best of the organizations ability, making sure no one slips through the cracks.
The Java/Scala Engineer will help them build a new case management system from scratch, so it will be all new development.
- BS in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years coding experience using Java and/or Scala for server side applications
- Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity/simplicity tradeoffs and effective use of data structures
- Understanding of low latency messaging and asynchronous design patterns, aka reactive programming
- Profiling, code efficiency and CI/CD style testing/release concepts are critical
- Familiarity and experience with Spring and/or Akka is a plus
- Familiarity with ad tech is a plus
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills