Apply for this job
May 5, 2018
Firmware Engineer - Robotics
Our client is leading research efforts in the convergence of user interfaces, sensing, cloud services and networking technologies to develop their next generation of products. This laboratory focuses on developing new concepts and user experiences through rapid prototyping and collaboration with the best-in-class research in Silicon Valley.
This role focuses on developing firmware for the control of unmanned systems such as autonomous robots and drones. The Firmware Engineer's main responsibility is to design and develop control algorithms and sensor drivers to enable reliable autonomous behavior. The role requires strong experience in C/C++ programming on embedded architectures, as well strong knowledge of control algorithms and theory and the ability to architect and optimize complex numerical algorithms with limited computational resources.
- 50% Algorithm design, programming (C/C++) and evaluation
- 50% System integration (Embedded, ARM etc.) / prototype tune-up and demonstration including some electronic hardware system development
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics) or equivalent
- Control algorithm development
- Embedded software development
- Electronic hardware system development
- Basic familiarity with radio controlled hobby models and their associated hardware, such as transmitters, radios, etc
- Hands-on experience with embedded autopilots such as PX4, Ardupilot, Paparazzi, etc
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Apply for this Job
Kyle Marquez is leading the search for this position. Use the button below to send us your resume and let us know you’re interested in the job!
Back to job listings