Based in Washington, D.C. the premier brand for content and media is looking to hire multiple Senior Python Developers. You will gain exposure building on high traffic/visibility web platform used by the largest content and media providers around the globe!
This is a 6-9 month contract to hire with competitive rates! The option to convert to an employee is available to those who prefer permanent opportunities.
Hourly rate up to $70/hour W-2
This is an amazing opportunity to join the premier content company in the United States. If you are a talented Python Developer looking to build on a cutting edge open-source stack that includes some of the trendiest technologies (Docker, AWS, React, NGINX, etc), then you will want to inquire about this opportunity.
This a great opportunity for those living in NOVA not looking to commute into the city!
- 2+ year of experience in a professional full--stack development environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience with at least two server side languages: Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.
- Strong fundamental computer science skills: algorithms, data structures, design patterns.
- Experience working with either relational or non-relational databases – ideally both.
- Experience working with cloud architectures – preferably with AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a small group of engineers on a piece of our platform (e.g., the core rendering engine, the content authoring tool, the core services all of our apps run on).
- Spending 75% of the time writing code, and the other 25% getting feedback from customers, deciding which features to build and how, and sharing your great work.
- Bringing new technologies and architectures to our technology landscape.
- Deploying to production all the time, making the lives of our users better, helping us sell our platform – aka. making a difference.
Salary & Perks
This is a contract to hire opportunity. Conversion to perm is preferred! Competitive hourly rates + health benefit offerings and sick time as well.