Mid-level Data Scientist
A Health Analytic Company located in Mountain View based is looking for a Mid-level Data Scientist who’s interested in a health benefits platform that permits employers to reduce health care spending by delivering smarter and simpler benefit programs personalized for each employee.
They combine exciting concepts in gamification, behavioral science and data analytics with attractive design to create mobile experiences that are fun and engaging to users. Instances of data science at they include designing systems to support recommendation engines, developing data pipelines to ETL product data for personalization, and setting up the backend for enabling real-time learning algorithms. This is an opportunity to be part of a promising digital health startup and to drive a new group health and fitness platform architecture.
Required skills & Experience:
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience with quantitative approaches to solve challenging, and meaningful analytical problems.
- Must be rock solid in hypothesis testing and statistical inference.
- Must be a problem solver
- Must have experience with Python, R, Mathlab
- Must have a B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in quantitative discipline
Desired skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience on developing ETL job for Spark
- Strong programming skills in Scala, Python, shell scripts
- Experience in Data Modeling/Integration and RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience in NoSQL such as MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Experience Hadoop ecosystem a plus
- Experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of large scale products
- Experience with development of REST based API's for consumer based services using J2EE and Spring a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Paid holidays, unlimited PTO.
- 401k with stock options