A mobile payments company has an open 12-month contract for a Senior Android Developer in their office located in Downtown Toronto. Their clientele include financial, health, and wellness institutions where they provide consulting for online media, web-based solutions and now mobile applications. The company believes in a work hard, play hard attitude where employees are provided with free lunches, a MAC or Windows computer, a pool table and a comfortable work environment. They are looking to make a mobile payment application so experience working with NFC, or applications that require a high level of security, would be a big plus. There will be some travel involved to gather requirements from their clients so the ideal developer needs to have great communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience developing applications for the Android platform using Eclipse
- 3+ years experience in a professional setting building native Android applications.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles including an understanding of common design pattern
- Working knowledge of REST API frameworks and underlying concepts would be an asset
- Experience working with applications that communicate with back-end servers would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with mobile wallet, NFC or banking would be a big plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Option for extension