DevOps Engineer (Startup)
A startup that is already well on it’s way to becoming a healthcare powerhouse is hiring for a DevOps Engineer to work in their brand new office in the loop. This company is building a platform that aims to save and change lives with 3 different business-lines to cover more ground. They are handling highly secure data and have over 20 million users in their database. In other words, they are a target for bad guys…
They are hiring for a DevOps Engineer who has demonstrated ability to learn new things and apply them. A lot of people want to work with shiny new technologies and deploy them right away but this company is strategic about implementing new things the RIGHT way the first time. They’re smart about what technologies they choose and they make sure that the environment is built securely from the ground up.
Everything is running on AWS (no legacy hangover from pre-AWS days, either). Their web layer runs on Ubuntu and they’re migrating everything to Docker instances. They use chef to manage everything but other configuration management tools are ok too. Some SW development chops would be ideal (Python, Ruby, etc). They have MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases in the environment and they use Jenkins for continuous integration.
This is a company taking an altruistic approach and helping millions of users worldwide. Could you picture yourself in an environment like this? Let’s talk specifics
Required Skills & Experience
- Some Software Development Ability and AWS experience
- Experience creating/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Primary network topologies, LANs/WANs, TCP/IP protocol (IPv4) and standards including SNMP
- Expert level configuration and administration of Juniper devices would be a plus
- Expert level of Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco switching/routing
- An Active CCNA or CCNP certification is highly preferred
Benefits & Perks
- 401k +6% match, 4 weeks PTO + 2 weeks of sick days, 10%-20% Annual Bonus, BCBS PPO Healthcare partially covered by us, Free Vision and Dental.
- Casual start up environment, investment in technology and continued learning (Access to Chicago development conferences, Safari Books Online, dual 27” monitors, tuition reimbursement).