Senior C++ Engineer
One of Canada’s top privately held software trading companies, located in North York, is looking to hire a Senior C++ developer. The company allows you to do your own trading from the comfort of your own home. They are very high transactional, highly scalable, and work in Capital Markets. The Senior C++ Engineer (application level) will help to grow their online trading application and can pay up to %150k.
As our Senior C++ Engineer, you will design, develop and implement server applications using C++ programming language and proven design patterns. You will work with multiple business groups to understand their requirements and then translate them into technical specifications. You will develop re-usable, efficient, scalable, maintainable and reliable code while adhering to consistent software development processes. Being the team player that you are, you will collaborate with other employees to define the work breakdown structures for technical activities associated with each project. You will implement and support fault-tolerant, real-time, high throughput, low-latency transaction processing applications in a multi-tier environment. Last but not least, you will manage the architecture analysis and documentation for software specifications for our client-facing and internal server applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience with C++
- Database and Linux experience
- Agile/scrum experience
- Server-side and back-end development experience
- Experience with STL and Boost libraries
- Experience with OOA/OOD and design patterns
- Experience using SQL databases from C++ programs (e.g. Oracle/Sybase/MySQL)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols (sockets)
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills that you use to facilitate teamwork
Benefits & Perks
- Full Medical Benefits including health, dental, vision
- Casual dress/culture