Senior Software Engineer (Big Data, Cloud, IOT)
Ride sharing has dominated a lot of the tech headlines over the past few years and has really permeated into every day life. It's amazing to see how something so simple can really catch fire in a culture crazed by technology. An application with a similar flavor to it is something my client launched to revolutionize the way we park. Yes, the way we park!
An automated platform that allows you to reserve parking, especially relevant in urban areas. It could be something as simple as a night out, a sports event, or even if you're browsing for permanent parking in the city.
As of right now, they have operations in both Chicago and Baltimore and are looking to bring on Senior Software Engineers. This role will be located in Baltimore and will place a large emphasis on big data, cloud computing, IOT, and microservices. This is an absolute bleeding edge company whose service is spreading like wildfire across the nation's most populated areas!
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with C# or Python
- Interest in DevOps- Salt and Ansible
- API integration, writing custom services and consuming them
- Any JVM languages are a huge plus
- Interest in other programming languages is an absolute must, they are a Polyglot programming shop
- Kafka or Big Data
- PosgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server
- Excellent understanding of enterprise applications and most importantly the customer experience during use of the software and beyond
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent medical coverage, 90% of premiums are covered
- Strong work life balance and parental leave policies
- 401k with strong match
- Top workplace as rated by the Chicago Tribune
- Profit sharing program eligibility