DevOps Engineer (Chef, Docker, AWS)
Our client’s Irvine office is looking for a well-rounded DevOps engineer who can help our teams deliver some of our companies’ most critical products faster and easier than ever. . You will be working with product teams across all different kinds of business sectors and will be collaborating with developers to lay the groundwork for some of our most high-profile projects. You will gain a variety of experience from networks, to databases, to micro-services, and helping to grow out our AWS based infrastructure
As our DevOps Engineer you will utilize your combination of Linux experience collaborating across all AWS offerings to bring access to product and service teams, in order to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. This engineer will collaborate with developers and operations to ensure services are deployed in a repeatable fashion.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes
- Familiarity with CloudFormation or the like
- Strong Programming experience is preferred (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo, AppVeyor, or TeamCity.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or JMeter.
- Implement services using Docker or Kubernetes as well as Rancher or Swarm for orchestrating them
Desired Skills & Experience,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team players enthusiastic about working with the latest technologies
- Engineers interested in supporting and updating a Chef environment.
- Familiarity with deployment tools (Jenkins/Gitlab/Travis)
- Experience and deep understanding of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working with micro-services and solving problems that come with them (load balancing, service discovery, configuration)
- Strong scripting skills such as in Python, Bash, Powershell, Ruby, or Go
- Engineers excited to be part of meaningful projects alongside thriving businesses
Benefits & Perks
- Relaxed but vivacious environment and culture that appreciates work/life balance and collaboration.
- Located in sunny Orange County
- Flexible vacation time