This growing data and analytics SaaS company is looking for a Python Engineer to join their team. They are a leading independent upstream oil and gas advisory and investment research firm. This Python Engineer will be working alongside the Data Science team. As the Python Engineer on the team, they will be working closely with the Data Engineer building their new platform from the ground up.
This new platform is vital to their business, with the data science team driving the company as a whole. Experience with Python, unit testing frameworks, Linux, SQL-based technologies, and in cloud environments is necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software engineering
- Python (2/3) and unit test frameworks
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MSSQL)
- Cloud environments (e.g. AWS, AZURE)
- Linux and git
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Implementations of algorithms on multi-core CPUs, clusters (MPI), GPUs, heterogeneous clusters, or distributed frameworks (e.g. Spark, HDFS, Kubernetes)
- Projects with external data sources or APIs to discover interesting data trends
- 95% New Development
- 5% Maintenance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $100,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.