Senior DevOps Engineer(AWS platform for on demand media application)
Come work with a company that will be creating a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference every day. We are a direct-to-consumer arm for our parent company.
Our company operates a software platform for on demand media. You will work closely with other infrastructure, engineering and customer service teams to insure services will be available 24/7. Design systems management solutions using automation and self repair, not relying on human intervention.
This job is all about automation, IaaS, and uptime. The responsibilities will include change management, access control, addressing any issues that arise that isn't already automated, and work with the Engineering teams to ensure the solution they're deploying are supportable and scalable to support the growing customer base.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years enterprise infrastructure experience
- 3+ years cloud experience
- 3+ years Experience with IaaS design and micro-service systems architecture.
- 3+ years Experience with capacity planning, utilization review, and monitoring of availability and performance.
- Responsibility for High Scalability/Availability Systems Architecture, Security, and Systems Support.
- Expertise with configuration and management of multiple server platforms.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years AWS experience
- Experience with automation languages such as Ruby, Python, and Go
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, Ant, or Maven
- Experience with ELK, Grafana, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, other open source/cloud ready tools
- Experience in implementing, managing, and refining disaster recovery solutions
- Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and other core network technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Familiar with both SQL and NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Familiar with Agile processes and DevOps manifesto.