Senior DevOps Engineer (12 month contract)
Come work with a software company that helps give restaurant and retail chains in depth customer insight to help grow their businesses. We are looking for a hands-on engineer to come in and collaborate with our development and operations teams and lead the creation of DevOp solutions that will scale with our rapid growth. You’ll be working alongside our engineer teams creating and delivering comples AWS-based solutions. Come join a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing start-up. A chance to work with a passionate, driven and fun team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future feature requirements, performance, cost effectiveness, and reliability
- Review existing infrastructure with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimizations
- Contribute to best practices; create diagrams and documentation where appropriate and participate in stand ups with the engineering team
- Collaborate directly with the engineering team to define strategy and technical infrastructure roadmap, and drive the rapid implementation of appropriate technologiesDefine and report on performance KPI
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Extensive AWS cloud experience (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc.)
- AWS Certification preferred but not essential: SysOps and/or Solutions Architect ideal
- Demonstrable expertise in managing AWS-based infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps and automation: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, CloudFormation, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with Docker tooling and ecosystem
- Track record of AWS and Linux experienceExpertise with Amazon RDS and one or more of Elastic MapReduce (EMR), DynamoDB, Redshift
- Expertise with application performance monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, NewRelic, and open source alternatives
- Self starter with excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- 70% Cloud Computing
- 30% Automation
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 10% Client Facing
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.