The ideal hire is passionate about creating good, clean code. As the Senior Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to help lead development and implementation of extensive new user-facing products and features; new shared packages; and collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
The company embodies a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, MLB, and Twitter. The company recently received a round of funding with investors including Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, Spark Capital, and Alibaba Group.
If you're ready to join a fast-paced team in a uniquely exciting, driven environment, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes ES2017, Node.js, Express, GraphQL, webpack, Sass, Babel, and Git (Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Provide informed estimates of your tasks
- Be excited by the opportunities and challenges afforded by responsive and adaptive design
- Cover your code with unit and integration tests written with Jest and Mocha
- Work with our top Product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, and Etsy
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strong desire to become an expert in contemporary front-end development practices (including ES6 and beyond: arrow functions, array methods, destructuring, rest params, es modules, template literals, default arguments, Promise, async/await, fetch, etc)
- A year or more experience developing for high-traffic websites
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain performance bottlenecks
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every day
- Experience developing consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment a plus
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, and jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger Developer Community is strongly supported and encouraged!
- Starting salary up to $150,000
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Flexible PTO
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.