Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS, Python, Jenkins, Docker)
This globally diversified tech company that focuses on creating intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, and transportation systems for our community, is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead their team. Their mission is to continually provide value for their stakeholders through strategic focus on buildings and energy growth platforms for their multi-tenant cloud platform.
For this role, they are looking for someone advanced with cloud platform solutions to provide technical products and features for their upfront staging. This will be their procedure to implement and sustain production operations for new markets.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years experience as a DevOps or Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Expert knowledge of system administration and familiar with security protocols
- Previous professional experience working in a Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with cloud vendors: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS)
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle
- Scripting skills using Python (preferred), Bash, or Ruby
- Worked with CI tools (Jenkins, Nomad, TravisCI)
- Strong understanding working with multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Extensive knowledge of Docker and Orchestration tools: Kubernetes, Packer, Rancher, or Rocket
- Ability to troubleshoot issues from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience working with Git version control systems
- Experience supporting MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra
- Project and system planning experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of IPsec, VLANS, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services
- Working knowledge of encryption
- Experience working with Hadoop
- Great communication skills – verbal and written
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Red Hat Linux
- 25% Windows Server 2010
- 70% Hands On
- 25% Management Duties
- 5% Client Facing
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.