Python Web Engineer (Downtown)
A fresh fintech start up with plenty of accolades and mentions in the Chicago tech scene is looking for senior Python web developers to come in and optimize their platform that aims to make life for banks and investors easier.
Your core responsibilities would be working with Python, Flask, containerization, and cloud management but you’d also get exposure to multithreading with Java. The team is small but growing, this could be a great opportunity to make an impact with a relatively new start up located in the heart of the loop.
Send me your resume and let’s talk!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Python Web Development
- Strong grasp of MVC architecture
- Flask experience is preferred but Django, Pyramid, or Bottle are nice too
- Experience in a cloud hosted environment
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Building applications from scratch
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Computer Science degree is a plus
- Frontend experience is a plus
- Experience with multiple OOP languages
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Python Web Development
- 20% Cloud integration
- 10% UI/UX
- Competitive Salary: Up to $115,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k +6% match
- 10%-20% Annual Bonus
- Paid Sick Time Leave + 4 weeks PTO
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.