Principal Java Engineer
Billion-dollar global media conglomerate is actively seeking a Principal Java Engineer to implement state of the art ad tech applications and features. This person will be responsible for hands on implementation of modern architecture using latest technology frameworks, and should be comfortable working individually as well as cross-functionally in a start-up like environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields. Masters degree a plus.
- 10+ years J2EE/Java
- RDBMS design/development experience (Redshift, MySql, Oracle) and working with large volumes of data
- Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and web services
- Expertise in various web service protocols including XML, RSS, SOAP
- Expertise in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Tachyon, Spark Streaming, Cassandra, HDFS, Hadoop etc. helpful
- Experience with Data Ingestion and Data processing a plus.
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies / Continuous Integration
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, and UI and Platform Engineering teams to develop great digital media applications.
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS a plus
- Understanding of online advertising landscape and technologies a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead joint development with external offshore development teams.
- Guide and ensure team is producing good code compliant with company standards and practices through code reviews
- Perform research and development to evaluate new technologies, ideas and communicate value for company.
- Competitive Salary
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.