Senior C/C++ Embedded Linux Engineer for automotive technology
An automotive technology company with offices in Orange County is urgently looking to add a Senior C/C++ Engineer for embedded Linux systems on a 4 month contract with potential for extension! You will be working on kernel layer / driver development on devices that are part of a lane departure warning systems for commercial trucks. This is all part of a larger effort of the company to produce a full self-driving vehicle over the next several years!
The ideal candidate will have expert-level knowledge of embedded Linux Kernel configure and build with programming in C and C++. While most of boards and Kernals are up and running, true Linux Kernal driver development will put you to the front of the pack along with automotive industry experience and exposure to video technologies, image processing algorithms, WiFi, and/or Bluetooth.
Candidates must be local to the Orange County area and able to work on a W2 basis 40 hours+ on-site.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in Embedded Linux
- Programming in C & C++
- Linux Kernal confirguation and build
- Previous work with a iMX6 processes or similar
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Fluent communication in English – oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or similar field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Deep experience/knowledge in Linux Kernal driver development
- Automotive or similar industry experience with extensive sensing technology
- Communication systems experience including cellular, CAN, WiFi, and/or Bluetooth
- Experience in embedded digitial image processing
- 100% Embedded Linux
- 80% Development
- 20% Documentation and support
- Competitive Pay: Up to $100/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 4 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.