Java Architect (Peninsula)
The world’s largest car-sharing company, located in San Mateo, is looking to add a Senior Java Architect to their growing engineering team. As a member of the team, you are provided a great benefits package, exposure to a rich software stack, mentorship and training, and you are expected to commit to making a positive global impact through transforming urban mobility. The biggest components that they are looking for in a candidate are: Ability, Experience, Communication and Passion.
On a technical level, they are looking for someone who has deep experience working with distributed systems and extensive experience working within Amazon Web Services. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with JDK services and a curiosity to grow their Big Data skill set. This team specifically is going to be working on the platform side that is connecting all their services to the core platform itself. Up to challenge? Please apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years Java Development experience
- AWS and RestAPI experience
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with messaging services (RabbitMQ specifically)
- NoSQL database experience (Cassandra Preferred)
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building out and working in highly scalable systems
- Desire to develop and learn new tools, frameworks and languages.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java, AWS and RestAPI development on the platform side.
- 92% Hands on development
- 5% code reviews
- 3% interviewing of potential new hires if necessary
- Mostly an Individual Contributor role with Architecture responsibilities.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $195K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Paid volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free membership and discounted driver rates
- Training and development programs for career growth
- Company sponsored parties, outings and events
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.