Enterprise SQL Server Expert (DBA, Development, Database Performance)
One of the most well-known bond trading firms in the US is currently seeking a SQL Server Expert to work in their fast paced environment, providing both production & development support. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on enterprise-level database systems from both development and administration sides. They have numerous systems and environments so this position will work closely with various development groups across the firm. To be successful you will display excellent communication and a proactive mindset when it comes to requirements gathering and issue resolution. Technical skillset is a given – you have deep experience in large scale SQL Server systems working with version 2008 and above in an on premise environment.
If you are looking to challenge yourself with a reputable company, apply today.
This role requires candidates to work on-site in Newport Beach, CA on a W2 contract without opportunity for remote work.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator or combination of development and administration work
- Strong ability to code in T-SQL
- MS SQL 2008 and above
- Prior work in large scale environments supporting mission critical systems
- Experience with clustering, Always On, and Disaster Recovery exercises
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Backups, restores, DBCCC commands, and SQL Profiler
- Proven track record of database tuning on VLDBs
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build consensus and work across departments and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior work in the financial industry
- SQL 2016/17
- Experience with migrations
- SQL certifications and/or PMP certification
- 100% MS SQL Server
- 50% Enterprise database administration
- 30% Database development – T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- 20% Collaboration, requirements gathering, etc.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 4 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.