Long-term Microservices Contractor (Java/Machine-learning)
Tired of the startup life? Trying to make your money as an individual contributor with one of the country’s biggest insurance companies on a long term W2 contract? Look no further!
The company has been able to implement microservices to develop a technically diverse, open source tech-stack where you’d be able to get your hands on a large spread of server side and data related technologies. Some of the most pressing projects involve collecting IoT data from embedded home devices and generating insurance quotes based on mobile pictures of car crash scenes.
They like people comfortable with a lot of different tech exposure but expect to see Python, Java, Scala, AWS, Spark, and Machine Learning
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience working with multithreaded OOP language
- Strong knowledge of applications’ server side and data layer
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Strong exposure to AWS, AZURE, or Google cloud
- Machine Learning interest or exposure is a plus
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with multiple languages in a plus
- Collaborative team player
- A CS Degree is a Plus
- Front end experience is a plus
- Prior involvement with a Monolithic to Microservices transition
- 65% Hands On Development
- 15% Cloud/Infrastructure Management Duties
- 20% R&D
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.