Principal Data Architect/Manager
The Data Engineering Group of a large insurance company is seeking an outstanding Manager/ Data Architect. The successful candidate must possess a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, database fundamentals, distributed databases, data structures, and data modeling expertise.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of related hands-on experience building large scale database systems.
- A bachelor's degree in information technology or computer science is a minimum. (Advanced degree and certifications preferred)
- Experience designing and implementing large scale distributed database solutions in the cloud with emphasis on performance, reliability and recoverability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and practice of agile software development processes
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies and stack
- Experience with of a variety database management systems, nosql, rdbms and other new sql
- Specifically Vertica and Postgres
- Other strong pluses
- Experience in the insurance and financial industries a strong plus.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science from a reputable program