Lead Systems Engineer
A top university in the country is looking for a Senior System Administrator with a heavy Linux background. They are looking for someone to join the team that has experience working on Supercomputing (HPC) systems. Exposure to cloud based computing (AWS) is a huge plus. This individual will operate on a small team and help many different organizations within the university, so the ability to independently work on a project from start to finish is a must. You will advance and enable research at the University by participating in the creation and execution of standard operating procedures to maintain the integrity and security of on premise and cloud based solutions. This person will be client facing so you will absolutely need excellent communication skills and like collaborating with others. This is a full-time role.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience of System Administration experience
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate and gather requirements from non-technical stakeholders
- Organizational skills
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
- 3 weeks PTO and 3 weeks’ sick time plus 3 personal days
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement for both the individual and their family
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible hours/time
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.