Computer Vision Engineer
Are you someone who is interested in all of the exciting new developments happening in the computer vision and deep learning space?
Come join a series-A venture capital backed startup that is already profitable. You will be working with a small team that includes engineers from top schools such as Stanford, Berkeley, IIT, and Illinois-Urbana Champaign. Most of the founding team has been a part of startups with successful exits in the past.
Computer vision entails churning through large amounts of image data. Unlike other vision companies, you will develop software that runs on compute constrained embedded devices. The team has already shown that this is possible in a couple of initial applications, and now it's time to expand and tackle the pipeline of projects lined up – working with some of the largest consumer electronics and chip companies. If you are excited about drones, robotics, and automotive applications, there will be plenty of work there too.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer and shipped software products
- Strong C++ programming experience
- Expertise in computer vision, computational geometry, computational math or a related field which is heavily computational math-based.
- Familiarity with deep learning CV methods for localization, detection, classification or segmentation a plus.
- An understanding of adaptive data structures such as KD trees, etc.
- Familiarity heavily modifying open-source deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, and NNPack.
- Experience developing large scale deployable software products
- Experience working on large, complex codebases
- Familiarity with version control tools such as GIT, CVS, SVN, etc.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related software-based field
- MS or PhD preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be helping to build the computer vision framework that drives their core business.
- You will be taking the latest advancements in computer vision research in areas like detection, tracking, segmentation, and SLAM, and implementing them using the highly performant machine learning frameworks and building blocks.
- You will be helping to their computer vision API that can be exposed to their customers, as well as using the API to build CV applications for high value customers.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $185k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Catered lunches
- Company retreats
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.