Software Engineer/Data Scientist
Wanted: An award winning Geospatial firm that partners with NASA to put satelittes into orbit is currently seeking a Software Engineer/Data Scientist As a member of their data analytics team. Team members will invent and produce processing components within the analytics architecture to derive data products with commercial potential on topics ranging from behavior characterization and geospatial prediction to visual data representation. The analytics team will take the lead integrating processed data and analytic products with systems developed by customers and partners.
The Data Analytics Engineer will have play an essential role in developing and maintaining a scalable analytics architecture and ensuring data perseverance and integrity. Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Data Analytics Engineer will also have the opportunity to contribute to analytic or machine learning product development.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with data analytics or equivalent professional experience as a software developer for quantitative applications engineer
- Bachelors. or higher in electrical and computer engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics or another quantitative field with relevant work in statistical modeling, machine learning or data analytics contributing to that degree. Particularly strong work experience may be deemed equivalent for candidates with alternative or lesser degrees
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Software development experience with one of these: Python, C/C++ and Java
- Experience Machine Learning and advanced data modeling
- Experience blending analytic and simulation modeling approaches to problem solving
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive andPig
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Bonus & Desired Skills:
- Outside the box thinker
- innovative problem solver
- Deep Learning experience
- Coming from a Geospatial or Satellite based organization
- Competitive pay up to 140K (DOE)
- Profit sharing
- Medical/Dental/life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Flex Hours