Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to further your education on what is in our food that we eat on a daily basis? Are you curious at the microscopic level? If you are eager to find out, we would love to chat with you! If you are a hard-working individual and have the level of experience that entails implementing a robust, scalable, data pipeline, you are good fit for this role. This local start-up located in Menlo Park is offering the unique opportunity to assist with creating the next-generation DNA processing and analytics platform. In the near future, it will use ML algorithms and predictive modeling. This position can also turn into a Technical Lead role within a year.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has had some industry experience with data stores, processing, and other backend services. The ideal candidate will also contain the ability to communicate with and mentor junior engineers as well as effectively communicate when reporting to the VP of Engineering. You WILL have a direct impact on this product and be a part of discovering which foods are justified as healthy.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Sciences
- industry experience or any relevant software engineering experience
- Experience building software using Java or Scala
- Experience building, scaling, and optimizing distributed analytical systems that handle large amounts of data
- Experience utilizing ORM concepts, relational databases, as well as NoSQL data stores
- Understanding in Microservices, and proficiency with API design
- US work authorization is required
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Machine learning and predictive analysis experience
- Exposure to bioinformatics or genomics
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Backend Development
- 10% Frontend Development
- 70% Hands On – Architecture and Design
- 20% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration – Communication is key!
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch and snacks
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops, & yoga
- Pet friendly work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.