Senior DevOps Engineer (Sustainability, Energy, Linux)
A leader in sustainable solutions creates intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Beginning with the invention of the first electric room thermostat, this company promises to deliver innovation that makes the world better by serving customers in more than 150 countries.
This company is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead the implementation of cloud platform technology products and features. This position requires a strong technical background in development engineering and is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing environment issues, and developing the monitoring solutions and tools which will automate daily operational activities. If you are an experienced DevOps engineer and want to be part of a successful team, feel free to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Certification in (Azure, AWS, Linux, DevOps)
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps role in a cloud based environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 2+ years working experience with strong scripting and automation skills
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (Terraform, Nomad)
- Experience with containerization (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuration management (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, re-usable, and maintainable
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- 40% Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.