Senior Database Engineer-AWS/AZURE
Consumer electronics company is looking for a senior level database engineer to lead the overall technical architecture and development of data infrastructure and cloud services. This is a contract to hire position for their Santa Ana headquarters.
Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge. Their team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; they solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud
- Must have a focus on Data Engineering and Operation
- Familiar with modern data architectures (e.g. NoSQL, Cosmos, Hadoop)
- Familiar with Data Modeling disciplines and advanced data patterns (ie. Document based storage / dimensionalized schemas and containerized data models).
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP and unstructured data services.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience (Graduate degree preferred)
- Be an Innovator, Disrupter, Leader and Entrepreneur.
- Possess a strong technical background and able to learn and apply new topics quickly and efficiently.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% Cloud services
- 70% data infrastructure
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $75/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.