Senior Network Security Engineer (IT services)
A leading company in Irvine is one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S. They focus on providing IT solutions focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions. They combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs.
They are looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to contribute to project delivery and team success factors such as profitability, utilization, on-time, on-budget and client satisfaction. Other responsibilities involve identifying and building additional opportunities by fostering and expanding client relationships, cultivating additional revenue opportunities and collaborating with the sales team(s) to monetize those opportunities. If you want to join a successful team in a leading company, feel free to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of technical hands-on engineering experience, including configuring, analyzing and troubleshooting complex environments
- Significant level of expertise in service delivery, solution engineering, technical troubleshooting, manufacturing partner engagement, and customer service
- Industry certifications such as those from ISC2, ISACA, CISSP, CEH, OCSP/E a strong plus
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with design, implementation and troubleshooting (Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, RSA, Splunk, VMWare)
- Previous success designing and developing IT solutions within Cloud, DC/V and Networking Security and UC Security Solutions environments
- Demonstrated skill architecting distributed solutions across multiple disciplines
- Develop comprehensive graphical and detailed design documentation, and effectively manage the implementation phases at/under budget from design to customer acceptance
- Network routing/switching configuration and deployment in small, medium and large scale enterprise networking environments
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, re-usable, and maintainable
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Cisco
- 30% Configuration
- 40% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.