MS-SQL Server DBA
This company provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions and are in need of a mid to Senior level DBA who is interested in learning new technology. The uses for their data are broad, driving business functions in the area of identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, compliance, etc. To put this in perspective, they can essentially help a company predict when an individual is likely to purchase a house or car. They even helped Stanford University recently with a very interesting study on the cost of living / housing in San Francisco in correlation to the increasing homeless population in the area.
Right now, they need a DBA with 3 to 10 years of experience to join their growing DB and Tech team. You will focus on their MS SQL Server Databases and also explore new technologies revolving mostly around AWS. Outside of performance tuning, backups, improving queries, replication and data optimization; you need to be interested in learning about open source technologies as this is not a .NET shop across the board.
You will get the chance to take your skill-set to the next level; learn and support new technologies around an AWS Data lake, DynamoDB, Spark and HIVE SQL.
MS-SQL experience as a DBA is most important, but an interest in learning new technology is absolutely required!
Required Skills & Experience
- Collaborative design, development and query optimization with programmers to tune indexes, queries and stored procedures.
- Physical database design, construction and implementation using current database technology
- Performance monitoring and tuning (OS, Disk, SQL Server, Query level tuning)
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks and configuration patching
- Database backup and recovery
- Capacity planning, monitoring, and upgrade planning and implementation of SQL Server Software.
- Ability to collaborate with and support the infrastructure team
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- 5+ years of professional technical experience (as a data analyst, DBA, developer, etc)
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 (or R2), Replication and Production Maintenance is also required. Experience with SQL Server 2016/17 is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of transactional replication and database mirroring
- Significant breadth and depth of experience in the design, development, maintenance and administration of databases
- Be able to fulfill On-Call rotation requirements after hire
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology or similar field
- Current MCSA (Database Administration) or MCDBA certification is preferred
- Experience with AWS, RDS and S3 is a strong plus
- Experience with Oracle or NoSQL databases is also a plus
What Will You Be Doing
- 60% DBA work
- 40% Research of new technology / Proof of concept
- Competitive Salary: 100K range
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.