Robotics Software Engineer
A growing developer of consumer robotics is looking for an experienced Robotics Software Engineer.This is a full-time role based out of Redwood City.
If you’re looking for a position helping ship a consumer robot that will interact with people in their homes, this job is for you. Some of the exciting challenges the team is tackling include: autonomous technologies, working on the SLAM system, developing techniques for mapping and global localization, and developing, training, testing, and optimizing (especially with GPUs) vision algorithms for pet, person, and object detection.
If you’re looking to join a team that’s richly talented, charmingly diverse, sometimes goofy, and 100% passionate about all things robots, you’re looking in the right place. You will work in a growing, but stable, start-up environment where you’ll directly contribute to a product utilized in thousands of homes, you’re encouraged to apply.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Expert C++ and Python programming skills
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Extensive experience with system integration and development on physical robots
- Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS degree in a related field
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Experience working in a fast paced startup
- Embedded Linux software development
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with perception/vision libraries like OpenCV
- Experience with writing GPU code - OpenCL / CUDA
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, or Keras
What You Will Be Doing
- Add new capabilities to robots to make them more robust.
- Integration: make all of the robot capabilities work as part of a system including image processing, state machines, embedded development, robot localization and mapping, and voice recognition.
- Collaborate daily with Engineers, QA, Product, and Hardware
- Hands on Coding, Design, Implementation, and Validation in C++ and Python
- Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on the robot
- Write clear and testable code
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Competitive Company and Individual Performance Bonuses
- Familial work environment with stocked kitchen, in office entertainment, and catered lunches
- Easily Accessible location right off the 101 Highway
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.