Senior Python Engineer
An emerging Sunnyvale-based startup is looking for a seasoned Python engineer to design scalable systems through collaboration with front-end developers and AI experts. If applying your Python expertise to make the world safer appeals to you, look no further! This startup is building advanced analytics products through research in AI, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning to enhance the intelligence capabilities of defense systems. They envision a future in which AI can be an effective agent in preventing terrorist activities outside stadiums or other densely populated areas. In this senior role you would be developing and scaling out the back-end platform while also mentoring a team of junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a startup with the potential for rapid growth.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or closely related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Mastery of Python and Spark
- Prior experience working with Docker, AWS and git
Desired Skills & Experience
- Graduate degree in area relevant to position
- Some knowledge of machine learning, deep learning & computer vision
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Python
- 60% Hands on Development
- 20% Architecture & Design
- 20% Mentoring Junior Engineers
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180,000/year, DOE
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Relaxed work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.