Senior Applied Research Engineer (Video Processing / Video Compression)
Our client, a Fortune Global 500 company, is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for both consumer and professional markets. Their small, agile team is looking to bring on a Senior Applied Research Engineer to work on the development of next generation video processing and video compression technologies. They need someone that has an extensive research background with an emphasis on visual processing technologies.
If you are looking for a stable company and an opportunity to be involved in a multidisciplinary research effort, then this is the career opportunity for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD in an Engineering field
- Familiarity with video codec standards
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and MATLAB
- Solid knowledge in current video and image processing techniques
- A track record of research in video compression and computer vision or equivalent
- Outstanding documentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 1-2 times per year
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with HEVC
- Familiarity to image sensor and related signal processing
- Working experience in algorithm research and rapid prototype development
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Multidisciplinary research on visual processing technologies
- 20% Hands-on programming with C/C++
- 20% Hands On
- 80% Team Collaboration
- Competitive salary + stock
- Flexible work hours & good work/life balance
- Paid vacation time
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.