Senior Applied Research Engineer (AR/VR Video Processing)
Our client, a Fortune Global 500 company, is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for both consumer and professional markets. Their small, agile team is looking to bring on a Senior Applied Research Engineer to work on research that is involved in a multidisciplinary research effort for cutting-edge computer vision and computer graphics algorithm proposal and development. They need someone that has an extensive research background with an emphasis on computer vision and computer graphics.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or related field
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python or MATLAB for rapid algorithm prototyping
- Background in novel algorithm development in field of 3D modeling, multi-view 3D reconstruction, active sensing or image based rendering
- Outstanding track record and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 1-2 times per year
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of related professional experience
- Interest or background in virtual reality, 3D visualization, video processing research
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Research effort on cutting-edge computer vision and computer graphics algorithm proposal and development
- 20% Programming in C++
- 40% Hands-on
- 60% Team collaboration
- Competitive salary + stock
- Paid vacation
- Excellent work/life balance
- Flexible work hours
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.