Lead Data Scientist
Interested in working for a emerging start up that is helping improve departments and organizations within the public government sector? This client has a SaaS analytics platform that is expanding to government departments nationwide. They’ve been partnered with a midwestern university to help develop the platform, and now are looking to make their first full-time data science hire.
This role is a bit untraditional for your standard data science position. They are looking for someone who can be both technical but also client facing, with strong leadership skills as they grow a team around them. No day in will ever look the same – some days will consist of building and finetuning various predictive models, other days you’ll have your hands deep in the data doing data cleaning and extraction. Other days, you might be sitting in on meetings with Mayors of major cities, presenting findings to government officials, and doing a bit of presales.
They are looking for someone with 7+ years’ experience in the analytics / data science space. This individual should be well versed with Python / R, and various predictive methodologies between regression analysis, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Etc. They should be able to handle data cleaning, data modeling, and forecasting responsibilities, while also having strong communication and client facing experiences to go along with it.
This company was founded by serial entrepreneurs with a track record of growing successful businesses from the ground up, and this one is on path to follow suite. If you are looking for a role that offers high growth and the chance to step outside of the bounds of your typical data science role, please apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ professional analytics experience (at least 3+ in data science)
- Experience building predictive models using various Machine Learning algorithms
- Doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty with data cleaning
- Strong communication and client facing experience
- Experience in individual contributor position
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s or PhD in Math, Stats, or related field
- Likes working in a start up, fast paced environment
- Experience working on a SaaS platform
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and interested in long term building and leading a team
- 70% Hands on
- Data cleaning, data modeling, implementing new features into SaaS platform
- Python, R, SQL, Machine Learning
- 30% Client engagement
- Meet with city officials, conduct presentations, handle some presales duties
- Travel about 25% (mostly same day travel), minimal overnight travel required
- Total compensation up to 160k
- Generous PTO
- Growth potential and yearly raises
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.