Linux Deployment Specialist
My client, headquartered in Delaware County, is rapidly growing and seeking Linux System Administrator. They develop a variety of applications running on native iOS, Android, and Window Mobile platform used by technicians, drivers, and support staff as well as web-based application for the customer care and dispatch staff. This is a fulltime opportunity paying up to $85,000.00 per year depending on experience.
The candidate will work in a Linux and MySQL environment and will be primarily responsible for software deployment, hardware infrastructure design, operations, and monitoring of the applications suite running in back-end, cloud, and front-end. This is the perfect for someone ready to take on a challenge!
Required Skills & Experience
- College Degree with major in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ Years as a System Admin in a Linux/Unix environment with Shell Scripting
- 2 year’s experience in code deployment and application change management
- 1 year experience in database deployment, writing SQL, replication
- 1+ year experience in hardware infrastructure design and sizing for high availability (HA) and high performance
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with MDM tools for iOS and Android devices a plus
- Experience with configuring VMs/Network Elements/AD/Firewall/Load balancer a plus
- Experience with infrastructure security and remediation a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to solve problems. Be a Team player
What You Will Be Doing
- Red Hat Linux
- Windows Servers
- Shell Scripting
- 25% Helps Development Team move towards DevOps model providing Operation’s voice and input
- 25% Configures Linux based servers, upgrade OS, apply maintenance and security patches
- 25% Application deployment on the Linux/Java based web and app servers. Scripting of the related job using shell scripts and other code deployment tools
- 25% Configures network elements including network segmentation, load balancer and firewall.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $85,000.00K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Vison and Dental Insurance
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Great Company Culture
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit