Data Science Engineer (NLP/Leadership)
Our client, in Palo Alto, spun out of Stanford University two years ago. This company is bridging the gap between internet protocol innovation and monetization. They have reinvented the way people in this industry manage the enormous amount of application data by automating the processes.
Currently they are hiring for a Lead Data Scientist to help mentor the data science team and take ownership of their projects. They’d like someone who is expert in Python and/or Java. If you are motivated to advance your career in data science apply directly.
This position does not offer sponsorship now or in the future.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field
- At least 2 years of data science experience in an industry setting
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with neural networks
- Extensive background in Mathematics
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Experience working on a massive amount of text/big datasets
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field
- You’ve had experience teaching math and/or data science
- You’ve had experience leading a small data science team
- Strong NLP background
- Experience programming in Java
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Python programming
- 20% Java programming
- 80% Data Science
- 20% Leading/mentoring the team
- Competitive equity (up to 1%+)
- Opportunity to grow your career as a professional Data Science Engineer
- Health stipend (gym, spa, massage, chiropractor, acupuncture, etc.)
- Lunch stipend (and you don’t have to just eat onsite!)
- Annual tech conference stipend
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.