Modeling and Applications Engineer
Our client develops technology to enable direct digital additive manufacturing of ultra-strong, lightweight composite parts for end use applications in high volume. With our unique combination of breakthrough materials, powerful design/build software, and free motion robotics for the first “true 3D” construction, they are moving beyond prototypes by enabling the design and fabrication of large, mass-produced parts and structures, quickly leading 3D printing into mainstream manufacturing. The company provides designers and manufacturers with unprecedented freedom to unlock the unparalleled strength and weight of composite materials for a wide range of consumer and industrial products, and has seen early success manufacturing CFRTP composite parts for OEM customers. With an initial focus on Aerospace, Defense, Consumer Electronics, Transportation, and Consumer Goods, they are poised to optimize additive manufacturing services to OEM’s worldwide.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. applied mechanics, computational engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of structural and thermal modeling techniques using FEA for analysis of physical systems including composite materials, fatigue/fracture and nonlinear analysis
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment including software development, manufacturing and customer development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience using commercial finite element analysis codes such as COMSOL, Ansys, etc.
- Previous experience with AM technology
- Previous experience with composite applications.
- Prior Applications Engineering experience
- Outstanding communications skills
What You Will Be Doing
Use proprietary additive manufacturing software tools to assess the feasibility of manufacturing an application using proprietary process. The software involves CAD tools including 3D slicing software and engineering analysis tools including finite element simulation and optimization. Review results via presentations, reports, and discussions directly with customer. If necessary, propose alternative design solutions using software in order to meet various criteria for the application. Use computational tools to research different additive manufacturing approaches.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $175K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.