Level 3 Database Engineer
Interested in working within the medical industry? An outstanding business that has been around for 130 years and has companies located in 7 different states is looking to hire a Senior DBA onto their Operations Team. An ideal candidate will have expert experience with Oracle and hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
In the Senior DBA position, one will be responsible for leading initiatives in the re-platform of my client’s database from Oracle to PostgreSQL. One should be comfortable with DevOps tools in order to truly represent the Operations Team in DevOps conversations. This also requires excellent communication and a strong understanding of automation in a Linux environment. Known for the quality of their product, this company provides a comfortable work environment, excellent benefits, and growth opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a fantastic culture and really take the lead!
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient and experienced working with relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Strong understanding of RDBMS principles and database design
- Experience with database architecture
- Proficient with high-availability technologies
- Experience identifying query abnormalities
- Database scripting (PL/PgSQL)
- Agile methodology (DevOps)
- Linux operating systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- DevOps Tools (Docker, Puppet, Ansible)
- Strong communication skills
- Cloud-based experience (AWS, Azure)
What You Will Be Doing
- 65% PostgreSQL
- 25% Linux Servers
- 10% Automation
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $75k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Catered lunches
- Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Holiday Hours
- Paid travel to other company locations
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.