Sr. DevOps Engineer - AWS/K8s
A well-known software, telecommunications company in the San Jose area is looking to build out a big team and bring on a DevOps engineer to their growing team. This company has created a platform that allows you to store data and communicate with other across any device seamlessly. They have been extremely profitable for seven straight years and has been growing at over 20% year over year, but is still eager and ready to take the next step in rebuilding and modernizing their infrastructure. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer that can utilize big data technologies within an AWS cloud environment and have strong experience with databases. If you are ready to take on this huge, new challenge to rebuild an infrastructure from day 1, this is a great opportunity for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient with Linux operating systems
- Strong with cloud environments, with AWS highly preferred
- Experience with configurations management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Java, or Go (Ability to learn Go on job)
- Strong experience with Big Data tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka
- Proficient with database tools (Zookeeper, Cassandra, etc)
- Eager to take on this big challenge
Desired Skills & Experience
- Coming from a development background
- Hachi Corp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vagrant, etc.)
- Familiar with Kubernetes and providing best practices
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Circle CI, etc.)
What You Will Be Doing
- Hachi Corp
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180,000/year
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Internal Growth
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.