Mid Level Ruby Engineer
Located in beautiful Newport Beach this company thrives on helping gamers save and win money by playing their favorite games. They study the history and research what technologies companies are using in their games. To add, they are very collaborative and thrive on diversity. With that being said, if you love money or gaming or both then this is the role for you. As a Ruby Engineer you will be responsible for helping build out their software development team using the latest technologies in Ruby, Rails as well as other web technologies on a AWS cloud. .
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment, including significant experience in consumer finance or fintech.
- Ruby, PHP, Java, Swift, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, or Kanban methodology and process
- Experience in designing robust, scalable, resilient, cloud-based solutions
- Experience in moving application architectures from startup to mature.
- Bias towards action over discussion.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in both process and solution analysis & design.
- Able to articulate and communicate in both written and oral forms to various types of audiences (developers to managers to business owners).
- Able to work independently in a dynamic project environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience scripting in Rails
- Experience working with a gaming or financial company
- Expertise in design, develop and monitor platform-as-a-service providers such as Amazon Web Services or other platforms.
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Ruby
- 10% Web Technologies
- 15% PostgreSQL
- 80% Hands On
- 10% design
- 10% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.