Lead Software Engineer (Java and Scala, Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
A mobile data company in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help build out their highly scalable platform. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a platform that is used for time-based analysis of location, and usage, on a large scale. You will be working on a team of 8 developers and play a key role in the development of code and the development of the engineers. Seeing the product through all aspects of development.
This is a role that is 50-50 hands-on, using Java or python. As well as experience using a big data technology like, Spark, Scala, Hive, or Hadoop etc. If you have 5-9 years of development experience and are ready to lead, apply now! This is a full-time role, paying up to $120k, yearly.
Required Skills & Experience
- Computer Science degree or related field
- At least 5 years of experience using Java and/or Python
- At least 5 years of experience with Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Scala (big data)
- Deep understanding of SLDC
Desired Skills & Experience
- Effective communication skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Comfortability presenting, communicating with other teams
What You Will Be Doing
- This position will lead a team that is working with Java/Python. Most likely using Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Hive.
- 50% Hands-On Coding
- 50% Leadership, Architectural
- Competitive Salary: Up to $125,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.