Our client, a large travel and adventure company is looking to add a Python Developer onto their team. Adventure travel is fun and there are many challenges for curious software engineers, with space to disrupt the industry standard.
You’ll be joining the Platform Systems team within the Technology department. That means writing and debugging software for their API, its sibling services, integrations, and their reservation systems.
You’ll work on their API, which is a collection of services delivering real-time content, pricing, and inventory to a variety of systems. In addition to their API, you’ll have opportunity to work within their reservation system, which is the foundation to much of the data within the API.
Required Skills & Experience
- Write short specs and prototypes to test new ideas
- Manage and launch existing and new applications
- Write unit tests for the new code that you craft
- Ensure your code is designed with maintainability in mind
- Nurture our operational infrastructure to maximize up-time, prevent customer facing issues, and secure customer data
- Improve test coverage, follow development standards.
- Monitor ongoing performance of all systems
- Work with other software teams to improve system communications and performance
- Explore and review new technologies, for improvement opportunities
- Participate in design and regular code reviews; helping your colleagues do their best too
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years of Python experience; Django even better. We also write Go, but that’s not expected of you.
- Comfort navigating the command line, especially with git
- Understanding of common application stacks (nginx, uwsgi, etc.)
- Knowledge and excitement for emerging technologies
- PostgreSQL familiarity; digging in when addressing performance issues.
- A short list of new technologies that you’re passionate about learning
- University bachelor's degree in computer science or related experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Python
- 50% Django
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $80K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.