Platform Engineer (Java, AWS)
A digital adtech company based in Santa Monica, the leader in social, content, video, sports, and travel advertising, is incorporating machine learning into their interactive technology team to bolster brand interaction and consumer experience. With this initiative comes the need to hire a software engineer with exception experience building high scalable software solutions, ideally alongside or close-by a DevOps or SRE team.
Reputed as one of the most tenured companies in Silicon Beach, working for this company means you will be working on a team of engineers who have poured their sweat, blood, and care into the quality of the products you are working on. The ideal candidate will have experience in Java (or Ruby, or Python), and Amazon Web Services. If you have any functional language experience (Elixir, Scala) that is a huge plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (4 years or more)
- Java, Ruby, or Pythong
- Amazon Web Services
- Experience working on highly available, high traffic applications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Automation experience or experience deploying and monitoring production code
- Strong SQL experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% backend development
- 50% continuous integration/deployment and DevOps
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health benefits and retirement options – all you’d expect from a top tech company
- Extremely friendly and collaborative culture of innovators
- Consistent team building exercises and recreational activities at your disposal—yoga, outdoor seating area, catered lunch, beach days, etc.
- Dog friendly office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.