Big Data Engineer/Administrator (Hadoop, AWS)
A Fortune 100 company in Costa Mesa is looking for multiple experienced Big Data Administrators to join one of their growing teams on a contract-to-hire basis, including one to serve as team lead within this data engineering group. As part of this group you will be responsible for the design and implementation of their Hadoop and AWS ecosystem to support their growing big data / analytics environment.
To be successful in this you thrive in a fast-paced environment and come to the table having worked on enterprise-level Hadoop and AWS systems, preferably on critical and 24/7 systems. The ideal candidate is well versed in Hadoop components including HDFS, map-reduce, Spark, Zookeeper, Cloudera Manager, etc., and has implemented and maintained similar environments previously. Big plus for knowledge of configuration management using tools like Ansible or Chef, but not an absolute must-have.
If you are looking to challenge yourself with a sharp team, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience within a Hadoop/Spark/AWS environment
- Ability to install and administer/manage big data clusters
- Experience in a large-scale environment
- Knowledge of capacity planning, optimization, disaster recovery, architecture, and other administration duties
- Understanding of Yarn, Spark, Kerberos, and Sentry
- Hadoop components including Map-Reduce, HDFS, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc.
- Experience or at least working knowledge of Cloudera Manager
- Scripting in any standard language – python, shell, perl, ruby, etc.
- Prior work on large, mission critical applications within an enterprise environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with configuration management – Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with other DevOps toolkits won’t hurt your chances either
- Proven ability to facilitate communication across departments and increase collaboration
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Competitive Pay: Up to $65/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months with conversion potential
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.