Senior DBA – MySQL, NoSQL, Cloud, CI/CD
Our client is the #1 primary ticketing company in college athletics, and the #2 largest primary ticketing provider in the US including performing arts, arenas, and professional sports. As a leader in ticketing, fundraising, marketing, analytics, and technology solutions, we power more than 500 live entertainment organizations, selling over 120 million tickets a year.
While they are the market leader in many areas, they will never act too big or move too slow as a company. they come to work ready to innovate and succeed, and they always have fun doing it. You may not recognize their name, because they white-label their consumer channels, but they create great products at scale…not just once a year Black Friday, but every day their events go on sale!
As they continue to grow, they need an outstanding DBA / Cloud Engineer to travel on their journey together. Their Engineers influence the technology growth that impacts millions of customers across the entertainment space. Opportunities abound to grow their products - and grow your career!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years RDBMS DBA experience. At least 3 years of supporting MySQL in live and development environments. Experience with Percona XtraDB is a big plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as a NoSQL DBA in a high throughput, web-scale environment. Cassandra would be a big plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL best practices and data modeling. Cassandra or MongoDB
- Knowledge of automation and its tools like Ansible, Git, and Kubernetes.
- Demonstrable experience in physical and logical DB design
- Experience with managing Linux system and able to write/maintain Shell/Python scripts is a big plus.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Database architectures
- MySQL/MariaDB (preferred)
- NoSQL Cassandra (preferred)
- Database optimization techniques
- Execution plan analysis
- Index maintenance and tuning
- Applied knowledge of memory and physical storage with RDBMS and NoSQL
- Database Maintenance Tasks
- Backup & Restore
- Storage Management
- Patch Management
- HA/DR functionality, specifically Always On / Mirroring
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% MySQL
- 30% NoSQL
- 20% Cloud
- 75% Hands On
- 10% Scrum / Agile
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120-140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.