Senior Product Owner - Data Science Product
The market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, with and R&D team in Tyson's Corner, is hiring for a Senior Product Owner. This is a direct hire opportunity with a budget up to $165,000.
This is a great opportunity to work on a high visibility, predictive modeling platform with a heavy data science emphasis. If you have prior exposure to data science products or have worked in a data scientist capacity but prefer product ownership and stake holder interactions over daily technical responsibilities, this job is for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- As Product Owner, guide efforts to maintain the product roadmap for platform.
- Lead efforts to define, prioritize and provide justification for items on the roadmap.
- Lead efforts to define detailed requirements for various Analytics workflows
- Remain up to date with industry standards in Analytics, especially as it relates to its use in fighting Financial Crime, specifically Fraud and Compliance.
- Remain up to date with commercial and open source products relating to Data Science and ensures that the product roadmap is consistent with changes across the industry.
- Responsible for identifying emerging 3rd party machine learning libraries that should be integrated into the product and exposed as new capabilities within product.
- Drive the requirements and strategy for the use of machine learning predictive models within the company detection engines.
- Drive the definition of best practices in the use Model Builder's Analytics and Machine Learning capabilities in the Banking Fraud and Compliance domains.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Citizen Data Scientists engaged in active Banking customer projects using the product.
- Provide subject matter expertise across AI in the area of Analytics and Machine Learning in the Banking Fraud and Compliance domains.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Data Science related field
- Experience with machine learning platforms such as R, Python, or Matlab
- 5 – 7 years commercial development experience
- 2+ years of experience in data modeling and machine learning, preferably within the Financial Crime domain
- Experience coding machine learning algorithms and techniques using platforms such as R, Java, Matlab, Octave or Python
- Strong database and SQL development experience
- Experience with Agile software development techniques, especially in a Product Owner role
- Proven track record of technical design and development ability as part of a team
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165k per year DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental , and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- 5 weeks PTO
- Metro accessible location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.